Duration: 5 days x 4 hours
Date & Time: 26th to 30th July 2021 (9 am – 1 pm)
Software Program: Zoom
Category: Personal Development, Leadership Skills
What will you learn from this course? : The participants will be able to develop Emotional Intelligence skills that include: self-awareness, self-control, social awareness and relationship management in order that they may use their personal power to be more effective as a leader. This course is ideal for employees seeking to advance their career, managers, team leader, teachers and anyone who struggles with reading and interacting with others.
Content for the course includes:
- How to cope with change, conflict and pressure
- Solving problems through objective planning and strategy
- Building relationships both as individuals and also as a team
- Exploring how different leadership styles and approaches impact individual and team performance
- Exploring and applying positive triggers that energise people
Tutor: Dr.Rita Micallef, M.Sc (Dublin) Cl. Sp. & Lang. Stds., M.Sc. (Leicester), Trg. & HRM, Ed.D. (Sheffield)
Dr Micallef is a senior lecturer with the University of Malta and lectures on various topics including: Disability Issues, Communication and Intellectual Impairment, Collaborative Practices, Language and Psychiatry, Challenging Behaviour and has also lectured at various European Universities on ASD. She is also nominated as an expert in the field of emotional intelligence to lecture to students from all over Europe and has lectured at various universities in Europe. She holds a Doctorate in Education: Area researched: Emotions as indicators of performance – Towards a redefinition of professionalism in the post-modern workplace. She is a Licensed Trainer with the National Autistic Society (NAS) and organizes both parent and professionals training programmes in the area of autism at Inspire. Dr Micallef is also an appointed education consultant with the Foundation and a Trustee of the same Foundation. Dr Micallef is the Director Allied Health Care Services within the Health Division and she is responsible for the plan of services provided by 21 Allied Health Professions, in various different locations in Malta and Gozo. She is qualified in Training and Human Resource Management and in Clinical Speech and Language Studies. She is a Member on the Board of Studies and the Board of Examiners of the Communication Therapy Division – University of Malta. She has extensive experience lecturing and training including the facilitation of workshops and seminars in Emotional Intelligence.
- Will there be a recording of this course?
- A recording will be sent to those who have attended the course.
- Am I allowed to ask questions?
- Yes, there is a chat box which will allow you to type your comments and queries. Towards the end of the session, we will hold a short Q&A where all your questions will be answered by the speaker.
- Will I be asked questions?
- Yes, all our webinars are interactive and there are live polls and shared whiteboards that might be used by the lecturer to engage the audience.
- Are there any entry requirements for joining the webinar?
- The webinar is open to all users, and is on a first come, first served basis. However, it is advised that you are confident in using an internet browser and e-meeting software.
- What are the technical requirements for joining the webinar?
- A steady internet connection, a good headset and microphone for hearing and interacting with the lecturer and the Zoom app pre-installed.
- What if I’m having technical problems?
- Throughout the sessions, a dedicated technical expert will be active on the chat in order to address your concerns.
- Will pictures be taken of me?
- Your webcam will not be enabled during the course in order to see the speaker in fullscreen mode. Therefore, the only pictures that will be taken are those of the speaker, which will be used for promotional purposes. However, we will need your consent (a form will be provided closer to the date of the course) due to the recording of the session.
Notice: This course will only proceed as planned if we have at least 5 participants who will be attending the course. If there are less than 5 participants who have registered for the course before it commences, then those people will either be reimbursed or moved to other dates when the course would be taking place.