Duration: 4 days x 4 hours
Date & Time: March – April 2021 (during Easter holiday break)
Software Program: Zoom
Category: Online Learning; Online Tools; eLearning; Technology; Education
What will you learn from this course? : This course will present users with various tools & resources that are ideal for the creation of online content. The aim is to enable teachers and parents to learn more about what can be used in their lessons using technology and making it accessible to them. Participants will be exposed to hands-on use of several tools for the creation of games & quizzes: including freeware, commercial, and open-source tools. Many of these resources can be adapted to suit different age and ability groups, and that is what we intend to achieve throughout this course: the sharing of inclusive, educational materials.
Content for the course includes:
- Introduction to online learning
- Trends in eLearning
- Different types of learners & how to address them online
- Existing educational resources for arts, sciences, languages & other topics
- Building engaging online content – interactive tools and games
- Mobile/tablet games
- Interactive presentations
- Building assessments online – quiz tools
- Lesson plan assignment
Tutor: Angele Giuliano
Bio: Having taught the “New Ways of Learning” course during this year’s Summer Coding Bootcamp, Angele has a number of tools and resources in her arsenal that are ideal for all levels of teachers and learners. She is a life-long entrepreneur, and as the sole director of TrainingMalta™, has been delivering online and face-to-face courses for nearly 20 years. Angele is interested in teaching uses of technology in the fields of education, health, business and culture. As a result, she has taught to a wide range of students over her career: including entrepreneurs, teachers, parents, as well as children.
- Will there be a recording of this course?
- A recording will be sent to those who have attended the course.
- Am I allowed to ask questions?
- Yes, there is a chat box which will allow you to type your comments and queries. Towards the end of the session, we will hold a short Q&A where all your questions will be answered by the speaker.
- Will I be asked questions?
- Yes, all our webinars are interactive and there are live polls and shared whiteboards that might be used by the lecturer to engage the audience.
- Are there any entry requirements for joining the webinar?
- The webinar is open to all users, and is on a first come, first served basis. However, it is advised that you are confident in using an internet browser and e-meeting software.
- What are the technical requirements for joining the webinar?
- A steady internet connection, a good headset and microphone for hearing and interacting with the lecturer and the Zoom app pre-installed.
- What if I’m having technical problems?
- Throughout the sessions, a dedicated technical expert will be active on the chat in order to address your concerns.
- Will pictures be taken of me?
- Your webcam will not be enabled during the course in order to see the speaker in fullscreen mode. Therefore, the only pictures that will be taken are those of the speaker, which will be used for promotional purposes. However, we will need your consent (a form will be provided closer to the date of the course) due to the recording of the session.
Notice: This course will only proceed as planned if we have at least 5 participants who will be attending the course. If there are less than 5 participants who have registered for the course before it commences, then those people will either be reimbursed or moved to other dates when the course would be taking place.