Presentation Skills is a certified online course, which focuses on important knowledge that is practical and relevant to public speaking, and to presenting.
Duration: 8 weeks x 2 hours
Date & Time: TBA
Software Program: Zoom
Category: Professional Development; Presentation; Public Speaking; Education; Business
What will you learn from this course? : In order to sell an idea or capture people’s attention, you must be good at presenting. This webinar is the best way of getting hands-on advice on how to master this skill. We will be focusing on how you can present yourself: from understanding body language to commanding a room (be it physical or virtual). Most importantly, you will get to know your audience’s demographics, as well as what their interests and needs are. We will provide you with online tools to perfect your presentation, and simple mechanisms to cope with stress and build confidence.
Content for the Course includes:
- Building confidence in yourself and your presenting ability
- Exploring various styles of presenting
- Understanding internal and external factors that affect presentation
- Recognising audience types and how to interact with them
- Developing body language techniques to appear welcoming and inviting to the audience
Speaker: Angele Giuliano
Bio: Having taught the “New Ways of Learning” course during this year’s Summer Coding Bootcamp, Angele has a number of tools and resources in her arsenal that are ideal for all levels of teachers and learners. She is a life-long entrepreneur, and as the sole Director of AcrossLimits Ltd and the Head of TrainingMalta™, has been delivering online and face-to-face courses for nearly 20 years. Angele is interested in teaching uses of technology in the fields of education, health, business and culture. As a result, she has taught a wide range of students throughout her career, including entrepreneurs, teachers, parents, as well as children.
- Will there be a recording of this course?
- A recording will be sent to those who have attended the course.
- Am I allowed to ask questions?
- Yes, there is a chat box which will allow you to type your comments and queries. Towards the end of the session, we will hold a short Q&A where all your questions will be answered by the speaker.
- Will I be asked questions?
- Yes, all our webinars are interactive and there are live polls and shared whiteboards that might be used by the lecturer to engage the audience.
- Are there any entry requirements for joining the webinar?
- The webinar is open to all users, and is on a first come, first served basis. However, it is advised that you are confident in using an internet browser and e-meeting software.
- What are the technical requirements for joining the webinar?
- A steady internet connection, a good headset and microphone for hearing and interacting with the lecturer and the Zoom app pre-installed.
- What if I’m having technical problems?
- A dedicated technical expert will be active on the chat in order to address your concerns throughout all sessions.
- Will pictures be taken of me?
- Your webcam will not be enabled during the course in order to see the speaker in fullscreen mode. Therefore, the only pictures that will be taken are those of the speaker, which will be used for promotional purposes. However, we will need your consent (a form will be provided closer to the date of the course) due to the recording of the session.
Notice: This course will only proceed as planned if at least 5 participants will be attending the course. If there are less than 5 participants who have registered for the course before it commences, they will either be reimbursed or moved to another date when the course will be taking place.