Duration: 2 hours
Software Program: Zoom
Category: Business, Entrepreneurship, Leadership, Innovation, Networking, Marketing, Management
What will you learn from this webinar? : Becoming an entrepreneur has its benefits: newfound independence, and a way to act upon your ideas to make actual change. However, there are risks. Our webinar will be giving a realistic view of what it takes to become an entrepreneur. We will be covering some of the challenges and opportunities situated within this role, including the skills required. Practical advice will be offered on how to build your own brand through networking and marketing, and the importance of maintaining a healthy balance between life at work and life at home.
Speaker: Maryrose Francica
Bio: Maryrose’s area of expertise is in management. Before joining AcrossLimits in 2004, she managed the family business for 11 years where she mostly dealt with the administrative side of the business as well as the added function of sourcing out foreign contacts. Her responsibilities as part of AcrossLimits have included the management of EU-funded projects, specifically in the area of entrepreneurship. Maryrose also serves as the Executive Coordinator for the Foundation of Women Entrepreneurs (Malta) and is the Maltese representative on the Business Platform for Multilingualism.
- Will there be a recording of this webinar?
- A recording will be sent to those who have attended the webinar.
- Am I allowed to ask questions?
- Yes, there is a chat box which will allow you to type your comments and queries. Towards the end of the session, we will hold a short Q&A where all your questions will be answered by the speaker.
- Will I be asked questions?
- Yes, all our webinars are interactive and there are live polls and shared whiteboards that might be used by the lecturer to engage the audience.
- Are there any entry requirements for joining the webinar?
- The webinar is open to all users, and is on a first come, first served basis. However, it is advised that you follow our Presentation Skills course beforehand in order to get a better understanding of the topic.
- What are the technical requirements for joining the webinar?
- A steady internet connection, a good headset and microphone for hearing and interacting with the lecturer and the Zoom app pre-installed.
- What if I’m having technical problems?
- Throughout the session, a dedicated technical expert will be active on the chat in order to address your concerns.
- Will pictures be taken of me?
- Your webcam will not be enabled during the webinar in order to see the speaker in fullscreen mode. Therefore, the only pictures that will be taken are those of the speaker, which will be used for promotional purposes. However, we will need your consent (a form will be provided closer to the date of the webinar) due to the recording of the session.