The first installment of our “New Ways of Teaching” series, where we will be referring to a range of online tools for language learning.
Duration: 2 hours
Date & Time: January 27th 2021 from 2pm to 4pm
Software Program: Zoom
Category: Online Learning; Online Tools; eLearning; Languages; Education
What will you learn from this webinar? : The Internet is an excellent repository from where you can find numerous ideas, resources and tools for learning or teaching languages. However, it can be difficult to filter between what is and is not useful. That is why through this webinar, we will be sharing some of the best tools out there, many of which are free and easy-to-use. More importantly, we will be presenting different websites and programs in order to suit all types of learners.
Speaker: Angele Giuliano
Bio: Having taught the “New Ways of Learning” course during this year’s Summer Coding Bootcamp, Angele has a number of tools and resources in her arsenal that are ideal for language teachers and learners. She is a life-long entrepreneur, and as the sole director of TrainingMalta™, has been delivering online and face-to-face courses for nearly 20 years. Angele is interested in teaching uses of technology in the fields of education, health, business and culture. As a result, she has taught to a wide range of students over her career: including entrepreneurs, teachers, parents, as well as children.
- Will there be a recording of this webinar?
- A recording will be sent to those who have attended the webinar.
- Am I allowed to ask questions?
- Yes, there is a chat box which will allow you to type your comments and queries. Towards the end of the session, we will hold a short Q&A where all your questions will be answered by the speaker.
- Will I be asked questions?
- Yes, all our webinars are interactive and there are live polls and shared whiteboards that might be used by the lecturer to engage the audience.
- Are there any entry requirements for joining the webinar?
- The webinar is open to all users, and is on a first come, first served basis. However, it is advised that you follow our Presentation Skills course beforehand in order to get a better understanding of the topic.
- What are the technical requirements for joining the webinar?
- A steady internet connection, a good headset and microphone for hearing and interacting with the lecturer and the Zoom app pre-installed.
- What if I’m having technical problems?
- Throughout the session, a dedicated technical expert will be active on the chat in order to address your concerns.
- Will pictures be taken of me?
- Your webcam will not be enabled during the webinar in order to see the speaker in fullscreen mode. Therefore, the only pictures that will be taken are those of the speaker, which will be used for promotional purposes. However, we will need your consent (a form will be provided closer to the date of the webinar) due to the recording of the session.